This manual provides an overview of the Bitmain Antminer Z15, demonstrates how to set up, configure, monitor, and administer the server, and also introduces the necessary environmental conditions.
Table of Contents
1. BITMAIN AntMiner Z15 Overview
The Z15 server is Bitmain’s newest version in the Z15 server series. All Z15 servers are tested and configured prior to shipping to ensure easy setup.
- The Bitmain Antminer Z15 must be connected to an earthed main socket outlet. The socket outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible.
- Please refer to the layout above to place your goods in usage in case of any damage.
- An additional power cord is needed.
1.1 Z15 Server Components
The main components and controller front panel of the Z15 server are shown in the following figure:
1.2 Connecting the Power Supply
1. Remove the screw indicated below at first and then press down on the button. After the button is pressed in place, slide the upper cover of the control panel along the direction indicated by the arrow to take it down.
2. The position and name of the socket after sliding the upper cover of the control panel are as shown below.
3. Connecting the power supply to the corresponding socket of the server, then tie the cables at the position indicated by arrow A and place all the cables into the U-shaped hole. Be careful to avoid the cables being scratched by the lower edge of the U-shaped hole, cover the upper cover of the control panel and tighten the screw shown below.
|Reference power on the wall, Watt||1586|
|Reference power efficiency on wall @25°C, J/Ksol||4.5|
|Adapted AC/DC output requirement, Watt/ Volt||1778/ 12.00|
|Hashrate & Power|
|Power efficiency on wall @25°C, J/KSol(1-1)||4.5|
|Power efficiency on wall @40°C, J/KSol(1-2)||4.7|
|Reference power on wall, Watt (1-3)||1586||1720|
|DC input voltage range, Volt (1-4)||11.6||12||13|
|DC input current range, Amp (1-5)|
|Adapted AC/DC output power requirement, Watt (1-6)||1600||1778|
|Quantity of hash chips||9|
|Quantity of hash boards||3|
|Networking connection mode||RJ45 ethernet 10/100M|
|Server Size (Length*Width*Height, w/o package),mm (2-1)||228*134*279/242*134*302|
|Net weight, kg (2-2)||5.08/5.40|
|Noise, dBA @25°C (3-1)||70|
|Operation humidity, RH||0.05||0.95|
(1-1) Refers PSU power conversion efficiency of 93%
(1-2) Refers PSU power conversion efficiency of 93%
(1-3) Min condition: 25°C, min J/KSol, typical hash rate
Max condition: 40°C, max J/KSol, max hash rate
Refers PSU power conversion efficiency of 93%
(1-4) Caution: Wrong input voltage may probably cause server damaged
(1-5) Typ condition: min reference power, typical DC input voltage
Max condition: max reference power, min DC input voltage
(1-6) Min condition: 40°C, max J/KSol, max hash rate,
PSU output power should be no less than the min value to make sure mining is stable.
Typical condition: (typical power) = (min power)/90%, leave power output margin for PSU.
Caution: It is strongly recommended to use typical power which can make sure that your server works well. You can use one PSU to power, multiple boards. Do not attempt to power one board with more than one PSU. All PCI-E ports are required to plug in while powering up the board.
(2-1) domestic and international version
(2-2) domestic and international version
(3-1) Max condition: Fan is under max RPM (rotation per minute).
2. Setting Up the BITMAIN AntMiner Z15 Server
To set up the server:
The file IPReporter.zip is supported by Microsoft Windows only.
- Download the following file: IPReporter.zip.
- Extract the file.
The default DHCP network protocol distributes IP addresses automatically.
- Right-click IPReporter.exeand run it as Administrator.
- Select one of the following options:
• Shelf, Step, Position – suitable for farm servers to mark the location of the servers.
• Default – suitable for home servers.
- Click Start.
- On the controller board, click the IP Report button. Hold it down until it beeps (about 5 seconds).
- The IP address will be displayed in a window on your computer screen.
- In your web browser, enter the IP address provided.
- Proceed to log in using root for both the username and password.
- In the Network section, you can assign a DHCP IP address (optional).
- Click Save & Apply.
3. Configuring theBITMAIN AntMiner Z15 Server
Setting Up the Pool
To configure the server:
- Click General Settings.
Note: the fan speed can be customized, but we recommend you to keep the default setting.
- Set the options according to the following table:
|Pool URL||Enter the URL of your desired pool. The Z15 servers can be set up with three mining pools, with decreasing priority from the first pool (pool 1) to the third pool (pool 3).|
The pools with low priority will only be used if all higher priority pools are offline.
|Worker||Your worker ID on the selected pool.|
|Password||The password for your selected worker.|
- Click Save & Apply to save and restart the server.
4. Monitoring BITMAIN AntMiner Z15 Server
To check the operating status of your server:
- Click the status marked below.
Note: The Z15 server is with automatic frequency. The firmware will stop running when the Temp (PCB) reaches 80℃ or Temp(chips) reaches 110℃， there will be an error message “Fatal Error: Temperature is too high!” shown at the bottom of the kernel log page.
- Monitor your server according to the descriptions in the following table:
|ASIC#||A number of chips were detected in the chain.|
|Frequency||ASIC frequency setting.|
|GH/S(RT)||Hash rate of each hash board (GH/s).|
|Temp(PCB)||The temperature of each hash board (°C). (Applied only to the server with fixed frequency).|
|Temp(Chip)||The temperature of the chips on each hash board (°C).|
|ASIC status||One of the following statuses will appear:|
• O – indicates OK
• X – indicates an error
• – – indicates dead
5. Administering BITMAIN AntMiner Z15 Server
5.1 Checking Your Firmware Version
To check your firmware version:
- In System, click the Overview tab.
- File System Version displays the date of the firmware your server uses. In the examples below, the servers are respectively using firmware version 20200503.
5.2 Upgrading Your System
Note: Make sure that the Z15 server remains powered during the upgrade process. If power fails before the upgrade is completed, you will need to return it to Bitmain for repair.
To upgrade the server’s firmware:
- In the System, click Upgrade.
- For Keep Settings:
• Select the check box to keep your current settings (default).
• Clear the check box to reset the server to default settings.
- Click the (Browse) button and navigate to the upgrade file. Select the upgrade file, then click Flash image. A message appears notifying you if the Z15 firmware can be upgraded and if yes, will then proceed to flash the image.
- When the upgrade is completed, the following message appears:
- Click one of the following options:
• Reboot – to restart the server with the new firmware.
• Go Back – to continue mining with the current firmware. The server will load the new firmware next time when it is restarted.
5.3 Modifying Your Password
To change your login password:
- In System, click the Administration tab.
- Set your new password, then click Save & Apply.
5.4 Restoring Initial Settings
To restore your initial settings
- Turn on the server and let it run for 5 minutes.
- On the controller front panel, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
Note: Resetting your server will reboot it and restore its default settings. The red LED will automatically
flash once every 15 seconds if the reset is operated successfully.
6. BITMAIN AntMiner Z15 Environmental Requirements
Please run your server in accordance with the following requirements
1. Basic Environmental Requirements:
1.1. Climatic Conditions:
|Operating Humidity||10-90%RH (non-condensing)|
1.2. Site Requirements of the Server Running Room:
Please keep the server running room away from industrial pollution sources:
For heavy pollution sources such as smelters and coal mines, the distance should be more than 5km.
For moderate pollution sources such as chemical industries, rubber, and electroplating industries, the distance should be more than 3.7km.
For light pollution sources such as food factories and leather processing factories, the distance should be more than 2km.
If unavoidable, the site should be chosen in the perennial upwind direction of the pollution source.
Please do not set your location within 3.7km from the seaside or the salt lake. If unavoidable, it should be built as airtight as possible, equipped with air conditioning for cooling.
1.3. Electromagnetic Environmental Conditions:
Please keep your site away from transformers, high-voltage cables, transmission lines, and high-current equipment, for example, there should be no high-power AC transformers (>10KA) within 20 meters, and no high-voltage power lines within 50 meters.
Please keep your site away from high-power radio transmitters, for example, there should be no high-power radio transmitters (>1500W) within 100 meters.
2. Other Environmental Requirements：
The server running room shall be free of explosive, conductive, magnetically conductive, and corrosive dust. The requirements of mechanical active substances are shown below:
2.1 Requirements of Mechanical Active Substances
|Mechanical Active Substance||Requirement|
|Dust (suspended)||<= 0.2mg/m3|
2.2 Requirements of Corrosive Gas
Note: ppb (part per billion) refers to the unit of concentration，1ppb stands for the volume ratio of part per billion.