This is a thorough manual for setting up the Bitmain Antminer 15 flash card.
Here are the steps.
Table of Contents
- Hardware: Computer (WINDOWS System), TF Card Reader, TF Card
- Software: Unzip Tool (Recommended WINRAR), Bitmain Antminer Z15 Flash Firmware
Antminer Z15 Flashing Procedures
TF Card Creation
- Unzip the downloaded firmware (Right click the required firmware file, select extract files)
- Step 1: When the pop-ups dialog box appears, click OK.
- Following extraction, a folder with the same name as the files will appear in the same spot. The extracted files can be used in the interim.
- Memory cards should be placed in card readers, which should then be placed in USB ports on computers.
- The drive folder for the relevant TF card will appear at the right bottom corner of the screen after the computer announces the presence of a new device (the drive for this particular device is set as E drive); please note down this drive folder for the following step.
- Change the SD card’s format to FAT32, find the TF card’s appropriate drive (the previous recorded drive was E, which stands for E Drive), right-click the E Drive Folder, and select Format.
- After selecting format, a new pop-up dialog box will appear as shown below. Choose FAT32 (Default) from the drop-down menu for the document system, and then click Start.
- Before formatting begins, a new pop-up window will appear asking if you want to delete all the data and information. If there are any crucial data or information, please save them before making your choice because pressing the OK button will delete everything. However, simply click OK if there is no crucial information.
- The formatting process is straightforward. Basically, after clicking the OK button, the status bar is inactive for at least 2 seconds and up. Please wait, and the status bar will finish soon as shown in figure (1) below. In light of this, formatting is finished; click OK to move forward (2).
- Once the TF card’s preliminary preparations are finished, open the extracted files, select all of the files, and then copy every file into the folder. The extracted internal files and documents are shown as below:
- Place the files and documents in the TF card’s directory by pasting them there.
- Please verify the TF card’s contents after pasting, paying close attention to the file names, file sizes, and number of files.
- When you confirm that the creation of the TF card was successful and there are no errors, you can take the TF card out of the computer and it will be ready to use.
Flash Firmware to Miner
- Put the ready TF card into the miner (or single control board) after turning it off.
- Turn on the control board for the miner.
- When the lights are turned on, two LED lights will first shine brightly for about five seconds, then turn off for about ten seconds before turning back on, leaving only the green light on.
- Power on status
a. Flash Card Status with 2 LEDs light on
b. Flash Card Status with 2 LEDs light off
c. Flash Card Status with only green light on
- When the green light is still shining, the miner’s firmware flashing process is complete. Turn off the computer and remove the TF card while waiting. Pressing the memory card inward will cause it to pop out so you can remove it and unplug the device in order to remove the TF card.
- To check that the required flash card is the right version after removing the TF card, restart the computer, power on the control board once more, and log in from the background.