In this article, we’ll show you how to use the Bitmaian Antminer Z15 for mining swarms.
The Antminer Z15 has a maximum hash rate of 420ksol/s and uses about 1510W of power. The Z15 is built to mine cryptocurrencies on the Equihash algorithm, such as Zcash.
Read the article to find out how to use your Bitmain Antminer Z15 on mining pools. We’ll use the Nicehash pool as an illustration here.
What is the Most Popular Coin to Mine With Antminer Z15?
Zcash (Zec) would be that. The rig generates about $26.18 per day while using $4.35 in electricity, according to ASIC Miner Value. Z cash now has a net daily profit of $21.83. That comes to $654.89 per month and $7,858.67 per year.
The Bitmain Antminer Z15’s profit margin is estimated to be around $7,800 per year on other miner profit calculator websites as well.
How to Use Bitmain Antminer Z15 on Mining Pools
Just follow these easy steps to configure your Bitmain Antminer Z15 and mining pool account:
Connecting the Power Supply
1. Remove the screw indicated below at first and then press down on the button. After the button is pressed in place, slide the upper cover of the control panel along the direction indicated by the arrow to take it down.
2. The position and name of the socket after sliding the upper cover of the control panel are as shown below.
3. Connecting the power supply to the corresponding socket of the server, then tie the cables at the position indicated by arrow A and place all the cables into the U-shaped hole. Be careful to avoid the cables being scratched by the lower edge of the U-shaped hole, cover the upper cover of the control panel and tighten the screw shown below.
Setting Up the Bitmain Antminer Z15 for Mining
Now, we’ll configure the miner’s web interface.
To find the IP address of the AntMiner Z15, log in to your router’s web interface. The miner should be labeled AntMiner in your router interface.
Connect to the web interface
- Open your chosen web browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and IP address provided.
- It will ask you to enter a username and password. By default, the AntMiner credentials are root for both, the username and password. Immediately alter the password.
Installing Latest Firmware
After connecting to the web interface, a summary of your miner’s data should appear. The most recent version of the miner firmware, which can be found on the official Bitmain website, must then be installed.
Download the latest firmware
- Follow this link to download the latest and old firmware for AntMiner Z15
Install the latest firmware on your AntMiner Z15
- Select the System tab and move over to the Upgrade child tab.
- This page shows Restore functionalities and Flash new firmware image.
Your miner has now been configured and is secure. Discover how to set it up so that it can connect to a mining pool by reading the following section.
Connect Bitmain Antminer Z15 to a Mining Pool
You can use the miner to join a mining pool once the firmware has been successfully updated to the most recent version.
Go to https://www.nicehash.com/asic-mining in a new tab of your browser. Click Generate Stratum once you’ve chosen your ASICs algorithm.
Copy stratum server, in this case use stratum+tcp://x11.auto.nicehash.com:9200 or stratum+ssl://x11.auto.nicehash.com:443 (if ssl is supported). In the URL text box on Step 4 of the Miner Configuration tab, type it in.
Enter your Nicehash mining address or another BTC wallet address in the text field for the worker. You can use it like this: MiningAddress.WorkerName to name your worker.
Password should always be “x”.
Note: #xnsub should be used at the end of the stratum line in the URL text field (stratum+tcp://scrypt.auto.nicehash.com:9200#xnsub) because some ASICs support it.
Xnsub is the abbreviation for extra-nonce subscription. A miner may be able to completely exhaust the nonce-space (the value that is altered for each hash in an effort to find the valid hash) for algorithms with extremely high difficulties and for miners with extremely high hash rates.
Extranonce was developed to give miners the ability to modify a tiny field in the coinbase and rehash a slightly different block.
By subscribing, you inform NH (or any pool that supports it) that despite the fact that you’ve already sent a specific nonce, the block in question is actually different due to this extranonce field. The nonce is essentially expanded.
Monitor and Use Bitmain Antminer
The ability to monitor the Bitmain Antminer is equally important to understanding how to use it on mining pools.
In terms of monitoring, the AntMiner web interface comes with easy tooling such as the Kernel Log and Monitor tabs.
Another useful monitoring page is the Monitor status page which shows information on your miner’s status:
On this screen, you can see information about current hashrate, Uptime and current scoring rate.
On the bottom of the screen, you can see information about the speed of fans.
Can Bitmain Antminer Z15 Mine Bitcoin?
No, actually. The miner employs the Equihash algorithm, which is only appropriate for mining cryptocurrency based on Equihash. These include Komodo (KMD), Hush, ZenCash (Zen), Horizen (Zen), Pirate (ARRR), and Zcash (Zec).
The most widely used Equihash cryptocurrency produced by the Antminer Z15 is Zcash.
The United States’ NSA developed the SHA-256 algorithm, which is what Bitcoin uses. This is best mined with a rig running the same algorithm. Additionally demanding on the hardware, bitcoin mining software typically needs a lot of processing power to be useful. The high power requirements as a result.
Can I Still Make Money from Mining Other Cryptocurrencies?
Yes, you can profitably mine cryptocurrencies with the Bitmain Antminer Z15 as long as they are based on the Equihash algorithm. Zcash (ZEC), however, continues to be the most popular coin to mine with the Antminer D15, earning about the same as the majority of Equihash-based cryptocurrencies.
When compared to Zcash, some coins, such as Pirate (ARRR), can occasionally generate higher profits. Using Whattomine calculator and an energy cost of $0.12/kWh, we find that;
- Every day, Pirate (ARRR) earns a net profit of $22.40. This works out to $672.00 per month and $8,064 per year.
- The average daily revenue for Horizon (ZEN) is $19.26; this equates to monthly and yearly profits of $577.80 and $6,933.60, respectively.
- $21.84 is made every day by Nicehash-Equihash. Therefore, you would have earned about $655.2 in a month, which equals $7,862.4 in a year.
- Komodo (KMD) is the coin that is the least profitable to mine with an Antminer Z15. It generates $11.71 per day, $351.3 per month, and $4215.6 annually.
Since the price of cryptocurrencies can be quite unstable, consider these profitability estimates to be estimates only. It might increase, making mining even more profitable, or it might decrease, yielding lower profits. How profitable it is to mine with the Antminer Z15 depends on the network difficulty as well.
Summary: USE BITMAIN ANTMINER Z15 on MINING POOLS
This concludes our examination of mining pools’ use of Bitmain Antminer Z15 hardware. Other mining equipment may be used with this example of how to set up your AntMiner Z15 or other miners with a mining pool.
A web interface is typically provided by miners to allow for quick connections to mining pools.
We want you to enjoy using this tutorial. Please feel free to contact us with any thoughts you may have about your Setup experiences.
We sincerely hope you found this article to be helpful, and we eagerly await your comments and messages. Please share your thoughts in the comments section if you would!
How Much Does Antminer Z15 Make Per Day?
6.30 USD / Day
*Please keep in mind that the values are only estimates based on past performance and that actual values could be higher or lower.
How Long Does Antminer Z15 Take to Work?
However, ASICs can degrade in as little as a few months if they are stored in harsh or unfavorable conditions. Contrarily, taking good care of an ASIC miner can prolong their lifespan for more than 5 years. The Antminer S9s, a model from 2016, are still being used by many miners profitably.
How Do I Know If My Antminer Z15 is Working?
- Mining software shares are being submitted by the miner. Generally speaking, miners should submit one share every two to three seconds or so.
- On your dashboard, the Scoring Hash Rate value is not 0.
- Every closed round (solved block) has block rewards listed on the Statistics page.